Anxious and strange feelings and sensations are nothing new but MS Solu Medrol corticosteroid therapy can increase these feelings of anxiety. Since MS affects the neurologic systems, a drug that affects the neural pathways can easily increase anxious and other feelings.
Multiple Sclerosis Solu Medrol therapy is an intravenous corticosteroid given in high doses daily for up to a week at a time. It is usually used as an emergency treatment for acute exacerbations. And while it does nothing at all to affect the course or progress of the disease, it does make the length of the relapse much shorter by stopping the inflammation in short order and closing the blood-brain barrier. Multiple Sclerosis Solu Medrol therapy uses the liquid form of methyl prednisone, which induces chemical changes in specific neurons, sometimes weakening, sometimes strengthening these pathways crucial to regulating these feelings. It is no surprise then that this chemical factor just compounds the anxiety already experienced by the worry of the condition itself, the debilitating symptoms, the frequent visits to the doctor, being absent from work, etc. So while you might experience less symptoms or less frequent relapses, the worrying about your prognosis is likely to increase with MS Solu Medrol treatment.
Multiple Sclerosis Solu Medrol induced anxiety is manageable
There are some things you can do to manage your stress while gaining the many benefits of your Multiple Sclerosis Solu Medrol treatment.
- Keep calm – relax by reading a book, watching peaceful TV shows instead of thrillers or horror movies.
- Stay home from work – On the days you are to receive your Multiple Sclerosis Solu Medrol infusions, stay home and rest. MS is fatiguing enough. The stress of work is something you can do without on these days
- Avoid Stressing environments – During your MS Solu Medrol treatment week, stay away from places that might be filled with crying babies, loud noises, large crowds, or too much action. This will only add to your anxiety.
- Don’t Drive – Driving is almost always stressful, especially in the city or during rush hour. Let someone else drive for you. You have Multiple Sclerosis; Solu Medrol therapy is enough to deal with without getting stressed out by other drivers on the road.
- Watch your diet carefully – particularly your calorie intake. The weight gain stories of steroid treatment is legendary. And it will likely happen to you too. But if you have a weight problem already, or are prone to worry about your weight, this is likely to increase your anxiety level too.
Be conscious that you may be more likely to experience anxiety and prepare your family for it as well. With the help of your loved ones and your own awareness, you can keep your anxiety under control.